Top 10 Places to Visit in Istanbul - Turkiye
- Istanbul is a city that exudes charm, vibrance, and history.
- The city has rich culture, exquisite food, and a romantic atmosphere that makes every visitor fall in love.
- Some say that if there were to be a single capital of the world, Istanbul would be it. It is one of the top 10 places to visit in Turkey. Here is a list to help you find the best places to visit in Turkey Istanbul, and pick up the best turkey tour packages.
Istanbul Hagia Sophia, which was initially a church, is now one of the most famous mosques in Istanbul.
- As you enter the Mosque, the enchanting architecture, the attractive dome, the stunning mosaics, and the Beautifully written calligraphy mesmerizes the visitor.
- Each part of the Mosque holds its value and history.
- It can be called the masterpiece of architecture, history, and art and thus is one of the most famous places in Istanbul.
- Istanbul Hagia Sophia is among the must-see places to visit in Istanbul.
Just Opposite ton Hagia Sophia, is the Istanbul Blue Mosque.
- It is another piece of perfection and is also called The Sultan Ahmed Mosque.
- The Mosque was built by Sultan Ahmed in the 17th century and was thus named after him.
- It has six minarets and an impressive architectural design and is considered to be of significant historical, religious, and cultural importance.
- Istanbul Blue Mosque is also one of the most famous places in Istanbul and a must-see place to visit in Istanbul for anyone traveling to Turkey.
The Grand Bazaar in Istanbul is the largest and oldest market in Istanbul.
- This Bazaar is situated in Istanbul Old City and is considered a shoppers paradise.
- It comes in the list of Istanbul famous places as It is offering a vast array of products that showcase Turkey’s unique cultural heritage.
- From handcrafted jewelry to pottery, spices, tea, lamps, and sweets, visitors can find a wide range of Turkish specialties on the market.
- It is among the must places to visit in Istanbul, for the best shopping experience in Istanbul old city.
Situated on the Istanbul European side, The not so talked about places in Istanbul are Fener and Balat.
- These are the old Neighbourhood Areas within the heart of Istanbul old city, where Jewish families used to live back in ancient times.
- It is now among the most famous places in Istanbul.
- The popularity of this place has surged recently owing to its vibrant, colorful houses and cozy, homely roadside cafes.
- The Area has a charm of its own, with narrow, winding streets and several churches and mosques around.
- It’s surely a must-visit place for every art lover.
Istiklal Street, or as we can say Istanbul Food Street is surely the busiest and among the most famous places of Istanbul.
- The street is around 1.4 km long and comprises all kinds of brand outlets with a vast variety of food options, all the way from The Taksim Square to the famous Galata Tower.
- The street is a reflection of Turkish food, culture, and art.
- The place is one of the favorite tourist destinations due to the several food options it has.
- The famous Turkish doner kebabs, Pide, Kumpir, and baklava are some of the must-try items at this Istanbul food street and are among Istanbul famous places and are added to every itinerary of Istanbul.
The Galata Tower also known as Galata Kulesi in Turkish was originally built as a watchtower in the medieval period during the 14th century.
- The Tower is 219 feet long and is among the tourist favorite places to visit in Istanbul, as it offers stunning panoramic views of the city and the Istanbul Bosphorus.
- The Galata Tower has nine floors in total. Each floor is well decorated and informative about the history of the tower.
- The top floor has a restaurant and an observation deck, where visitors love to enjoy the sunset view and is among the must-visit places in Istanbul.
The Bosphorus Cruise is among the best places to visit in Turkey Istanbul, The Cruise is a trip along the Bosphorus River, which separates the Istanbul European side from the Asian side of Istanbul.
- Tourists tend to see the city from a different perspective, with enjoyable views of the bridges/palaces and mosques along the way.
- Along the way, the tourist enjoys the beautiful and mesmerizing view of the Bosphorus Bridge, aks viewing the famous Maiden’s Tower and the Dolmabahce Palace.
- The trip usually ends with dinner and some entertainment on board, making it a perfect way to see the nightlife of the city.
- This is also among Istanbul famous places which offer an experience none want to miss.
Top Kapi Palace is a palace that was built in the Ottoman Eral, offering a unique glimpse into the city’s rich history and culture.
- As one of the most popular attractions on any Istanbul city tour, this stunning palace is a must-visit for anyone interested in exploring the city’s heritage.
- The palace features an impressive collection of artifacts and artwork from the Ottoman era.
- This Palace offers a breathtaking view of the city.
- Visitors can explore the many rooms and halls of the palace, including the famous Harem, which was once the private residence of the Ottoman sultans.
Dolmabahce Palace is one of the most famous places in Istanbul and an essential stop on any Istanbul city tour.
- This stunning palace is a perfect example of the richness and grandeur of the Ottoman Empire.
- Visitors to Istanbul will find plenty of other amazing places to visit, but Dolmabahce Palace is a must-see.
- The palace is an architectural masterpiece, with green gardens, fancy furnishings, and blending elements of traditional Ottoman design with a European touch.
- It has many halls and rooms that are filled with the gorgeous masterpiece, artifacts, and the great grand crystal chandelier.
- A visit to Dolmabahce Palace is an unforgettable experience that will leave you with a deeper appreciation for Istanbul’s rich history and culture.
- So if you’re planning a trip to this amazing city, be sure to put this magnificent palace at the top of your list of Istanbul visit places
The Basilica Cistern in Istanbul is one of the most liked places in the city as it offers history, architecture, and culture.
- The cistern features 336 columns, each standing at an impressive 9 meters tall, and was built primarily to supply water to the city.
- These columns were salvaged from other ancient ruins and are craved with uniqueness.
- The atmosphere is subtle and dimly lit, which adds allure and mysteriousness to the place.
If you’re looking for a destination to visit in Istanbul, that has art, architecture, and history, then the Basilica Cistern is definitely for you to visit, check on the turkey travel packages on our website, and explore the place everyone dreamed of !